Getting professional care can significantly reduce the effects of an illness and shorten the recovery period. For patients who may not be able to care for themselves, a nursing facility might be necessary. The Suites Parker is a rehabilitation center in Parker, Colorado, that offers skilled nursing and physical therapy to residents. Our facility is designed to provide a homely environment for our patients to ensure that they feel comfortable even when they’re away from their families.
How to Choose A Rehabilitation Center
When looking for a rehab facility, here are important factors to consider:
- Reputation – Look at the reviews from people who have already used the center’s services to get an idea of their work ethic. From the reviews, you can find important information about how they treat their residents.
- Facility – The facility should be clean with a conducive environment for the residents. It’s important to take a tour before signing up your loved one, as this will allow you to see the different amenities available. That way, you can decide whether it’s the kind of place that best suits your needs.
- Certifications – Like all legitimate medical facilities, rehab centers should have certifications from relevant government bodies. The certifications will be an assurance that you’re leaving your loved one in the hands of professionals who have the right equipment and qualifications to take care of them.
What are the Benefits of Rehabilitation for Seniors?
The following are some of the advantages of rehab for older adults:
- Pain Alleviation – Physical rehabilitation can be effective in reducing pain for patients with chronic conditions such as arthritis, those with severe injuries, or those who have undergone surgery. Physical rehab also promotes quick healing and, at times, is essential in preventing permanent disability.
- Recovery – For residents who have just left the hospital, receiving care in a rehab facility can assist them in recovery. Rehab centers have skilled personnel throughout the day and night to ensure that appropriate care is given at all times. The supportive environment provided in a rehab facility can also be crucial in promoting recovery following an illness that may have left the patient unable to carry out their routine tasks.
What is the Difference Between Short-Term and Long-Term Care?
Short-term and long-term care are the two common services offered in most rehabilitation facilities. The main difference between the two is that short-term care is usually provided to residents who have illnesses and conditions that can be healed. Usually, individuals with injuries are enrolled for this option. On the other hand, long-term care is suitable for residents with progressive conditions such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Residents in long-term care may require medical, personal, and psychological care for an indefinite period.
Get the Best Care for You or Your Loved One
If you’re looking for a trusted rehabilitation center in Parker, Colorado, The Suites Parker is the place for you. Through the years, our team has served many satisfied clients, and we would be happy to do the same for you. Get in touch with us today on (720) 851-3300 to schedule a tour.Rehabilitation Center Parker
View Larger Map